Sale Alert for my readers-
- New Launch at Nykaa - Elf Cosmetics with Flat 25% off
- Murad now available at Nykaa
- Lakme - 15% off + Buy5 Get3 on Sheetmasks at Nykaa
I got addicted to Vitamin C serum when I first tried Recast Vitamin-C Serum. It made such a huge difference to my skin that I couldn’t stop myself from buying it again and again. Recently, I thought to consider Prolixr Vitamin C Serum as from my last experience with Recast, I noticed a bit of variation. There was a difference in consistency and results were not up to the mark.
My blogger friend too shared the same that a lot of her readers shared their experience that Recast is not what it used to be, it is changed. I still don’t know what is the literal fact and why recast felt so different but this made me look for more vitamin-c serum options.
There are tons of vitamin-c serums online but I wanted to make sure I am going for the right one with the right percentage of vitamin c and hyaluronic acid in it.
After I lot of research, I finally made my decision to try Prolixr Beauty Shield Vitamin C serum with Antioxidants Enriched Formula. Plus it is cruelty-free, paraben-free, and free from other harsh ingredients so why not!
Let us see how Prolixr Serum worked for my sensitive and acne-prone skin…
Prolixr Beauty Shield Vitamin V Serum
Price: Rs.899/- for 30ml
Available at Nykaa
Get a beaming ray of fresh and hydrated skin, free of blemishes and pores with Prolixr Beauty Shield Vitamin C Serum. This skin radiating serum infused with the goodness of vitamin C makes your skin feel smoother and firmer with every use. Vitamin C along with aloe vera and hyaluronic acid make this a must-have in your skincare regime. It works on blemishes, pigmentation, and uneven skin tone for healthy-looking skin. Vitamin C content present in this serum assists in speeding up the healing process of the skin.
- Vitamin C serum for brighter-looking, smooth skin
- The formula works on uneven skin tone and pigmentation
- Fades dark spots, blemishes and enhances skin tone
- Fights skin damage and free radicals
- Helps in treating acne and pimples
- Effective against fine lines and wrinkles
- Boosts the production of collagen
- Free from parabens and harsh chemicals
- This product is cruelty-free
- Aloe Vera: Without leaving a greasy residue, aloe vera soothes skin from irritation and sunburns along with imparting continuous hydration to the skin.
- Vitamin C: The hero ingredient boosts radiance and speeds up the skin healing process. Get silky soft and firmer skin with this vitamin C serum.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Penetrates deep into the skin, promoting cell regeneration making your skin feel smoother and softer than ever. Wait no more, to have glowing skin.
Full Ingredients List – Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root, Rosa Damascena Flower, Albizia Lebbeck Leaf, Tamarindus Indica Fruit Pulp, Saccharum Officinarum Root Stock, Santalum Album Root, Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Sodium PCA, Allantoin, Approved Colors.
How to Use
- Cleanse: Before you apply the serum, make sure your skin is prepared. Clean out the buildups and debris before you put on the serum.
- Apply: After you have dampened your skin, pump out a few drops of vitamin C goodness in your fingerprints. Apply dots all over the face and neck.
- Massage: Gently massage in an upward circular motion until the serum is absorbed.
- After use: Follow it up with a moisturizer, and apply twice a day for best results.
REVIEW – Prolixr Vitamin C Serum
My Skin Type: Combination in Summers, Dry in Winters, Sensitive, and Acne-Prone Skin
Packaging: Prolixr Vitamin C Serum comes in a glass bottle with a dropper. The bottle is see-through which makes it easy to see how much of the product is left.
The outer packaging was totally torn off when I received it so I didn’t keep it for photography purposes.
Fragrance: It has a strong fruity fragrance. Usually, my senses react to such strong fruity and floral fragrances but this one didn’t tease my senses.
Now vitamin c serum has been an integral part of my skincare routine. From treating pimple marks, sun spots, pigmentation to uneven skin tone, vitamin c serum treats it all.
I bought Prolixr Vitamin C serum especially for the acne marks that too deep ones which I am still having around my chin.
I started using the serum day and night followed by a good moisturizer.
What I first noticed was the luminosity it added to my skin. Right after the first few uses, my skin looked so glowy and radiant. The first impressions of Prolixr Vitamin C Serum made me fall in love with it.
The way Prolixr Vitamin C Serum hydrated the skin resulting in that beautiful glow, made me want to appreciate it more and more.
After the regular usage, I noticed Prolixr Vitamin C Serum slightly leaves the skin sticky. Though it was temporary and settled down when massaged with the moisturizer. But it does leave the skin feeling a bit sticky for a while. Not like it was uncomfortable but had to bring the point.
With regular usage, I can definitely say that yes, Prolixr Vitamin C Serum does bring changes to your skin. There was visible clarity on my skin, my cheek area looked more supple and clear, and those tiny little sunspots were fading off.
But I didn’t notice any change in the major acne-marks I am having around my jawline. I didn’t notice any reduction in the pigmentation around my lips and nose and I didn’t notice any difference in the unevenness I am having around the chin.
I do understand that these factors take a lot more time to show change but then the point comes of the quantity! The quantity is super less. My serum is about to get over and it has not even lasted a month yet.
I feel that the brand made so many claims and I don’t feel like the product Prolixr Vitamin C Serum is able to meet them all. It even claimed to treat pimples and acne and there was no such result.
I think I am having neutral thoughts about Prolixr Vitamin C Serum. It is not one of the best, but not a failed one either. It did fade away a few tiny marks bringing clarity to the skin. It did make the skin glow and supple. But, it could have been better. I mean vitamin-c serum literally can do a lot better than just hydrating the skin.
For the price paid, I don’t think its worth it.
The good part, Prolixr Vitamin C Serum didn’t react with my skin. There were no breakouts or allergies.
I think I am still on a hunt for a really good vitamin-c serum. YBP is about to launch one so let us see. That will be worth the wait I feel.
Prolixr Vitamin C serum made a really good first impression with the luminosity and glow it added to the skin. It hydrated the skin so well leaving it soft and supple. It did fade away a few tiny spots bringing clarity to the skin but there were no results on the major acne marks I am having, pigmentation around the nose and lips, or even on the unevenness around the chin. Plus the quantity is super and doesn’t even last a whole month.
- Hydrates the skin
- Brings on the luminosity and glow
- Skin feels soft and supple
- Fades off tiny spots
- Makes skin a bit clearer
- No Breakouts
- Less Quantity
- No results on major acne marks, pigmentation, and unevenness
So this was it for today. I hope you have found Prolixr Vitamin C Serum Review Helpful.
You can always connect with me on my Instagram – @niharikaverma95.
Have a Good Day!
The Pink Velvet Blog is now on Telegram. Click Here to Join and get the latest blog post updates and sale alerts directly to your Telegram Inbox.
Join me on My Instagram for more - @niharikaverma95