Sale Alert for my readers-
- FACES Canada - Flat 25% off + FREE Nail Enamel at Nykaa
- Take the MyGlamm survey and get FREE MyGlamm Lipstick + ₹500 Gift Card + 275 MyGlamm Points
- NEW at Nykaa - Nykaa Cosmetics Compact in 8 Shades
- Maybelline - NEW Shades of City Mini Palette + Up to 50% off at Nykaa
I have been using Minimalist Toner every night on my sensitive and acne-prone skin. Being someone too addicted to cosmetics I tried toners way too early than my required. Back then, I wasn’t much aware of the benefits, and neither I noticed results. Now that I am 25+, I have started to notice the results of various skincare products.
After trying Minimalist Serums, I became a huge fan of this brand. Someone with highly sensitive and acne-prone skin it isn’t easy to trust brands and products especially the ones which are new in the market. Minimalist Brand has my faith now and I love the fact that they are coming up with new launches keeping in mind the skin sensitivity.
It is been over a month since I am using Minimalist PHA 3% + Biotic Toner followed by Minimalist Serums everynight and I am all set to share my experience. Let us get started.
Minimalist PHA 3% + Biotic Toner
Price: Rs.399/- for 150ml
Tightens pores, exfoliates, hydrates & rebalances skin microbiome.
A daily, gently exfoliating, pH balancing, pore tightening & skin hydrating toner. Boosted with Pre-Biotics and Pro-Biotics to balance skin microbiome and accelerate the recovery of skin’s barrier function.
- Formulated for all skin types. This toner is very lightweight and glides on the skin effortlessly before absorbing quickly & completely
- PHAs are next-generation AHAs. They not just exfoliate gently but also functions as humectants. Further, Gluconolactone (PHA used in this formula) provides up to 50% protection against UV radiation
- Formulated with Prebiotics and Probiotics to balance skin microbiome and enhance natural defense barriers of the skin. Also boosted with multiple humectants for multi-level hydration
- High-quality ingredients including Gluconolactone sourced from Jungbunzlauer, Switzerland, and Prorenew Complex CLR from CLR Chemisches, Germany
Aqua, Gluconolactone, Niacinamide, Butylene Glycol, Methylpropanediol, Inulin, Lactococcus Ferment Lysate, Saccharide Isomerate, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Xylitylglucoside, Anhydroxylitol, Xylitol, Salicylic Acid, Allantoin, Trehalose, Glycerin, Sodium Polyglutamate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Lysine, Histidine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Threonine, Serine, Glutamic Acid, Proline, Glycine, Alanine, Valine, Methionine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Tyrosine, Phenylalanine, Cysteine, Ethoxydiglycol, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate.
How to Use
- Use it right after cleaning in AM and PM. Take few drops on a cotton pad, enough to soak it completely. Apply over your entire face by sweeping across the swab.
- It’s a leave-on product so should not be rinsed after application.
- Allow it to get completely absorbed in your skin (takes about 5-10 min). Follow it with your daily serums and moisturizer.
- When using during the day, always wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen SPF 30 or above.
Review – Minimalist Toner
My Skin Type: Combination to Oily in Summers, Dry in Winters, Sensitive, and Acne-Prone Skin
Packaging: It comes in a see-through bottle with a flip-flop cap and a nozzle to dispense the product. Details such as expiry date, price, and ingredients are clearly mentioned on the bottle.
Fragrance: No fragrance as such.
Even though it is mentioned that use a cotton pad, I use it directly without a cotton pad because of its essence-like texture. If you have used Klairs Supper Toner you would know what I am talking about.
Right after I wash my face, I follow up with this Minimalist Toner, let it absorb by my skin, and then continue with Minimalist Actives and Moisturizer. The moment I splash this toner onto my skin I instantly feel a soothing sensation. My skin instantly feels a dose of hydration. It is a hydrating toner and adds moisture to my skin, I always use it during my nighttime skincare routine because I love to go heavy with moisture during the night. I love it when my skin looks plumped and nourished every morning.
I allow my skin to absorb it by tapping it in soft and gentle motions. It did leaves a bit of minor stickiness which goes away minutes later and if I am not wrong that is because of Niacinamide in it. Every product I have used with Niacinamide has this bit of stickiness in it.
With the regular usage, I did notice it brings on a subtle hydrated glow to skin and true to the claims, it balances skin’s pH level. I know what it is like to have your skin pH disturbed. Your skin actually swings from being too dry to too oily. It maintained my skin’s pH level and prevented my skin from being too dry or developing excess oil.
As far as it is about shrinking or tightening of the pores, I noticed much results in my case. I do have a patch where I have got large pores and they remained as it is but, I didn’t got any new clogged pore or oil-head which is pretty amazing.
I have been using it daily, with and without Actives and I didn’t notice any reaction or breakout. It worked for my sensitive and acne-prone skin pretty well.
If your skin develops acne or oil-heads frequently, I think this Minimalist toner paired with Neutrogena Deep Cleanser is going to work like a gem. It will surely be going to help you get rid of clogged pores, acne, and have a balanced pH level.
Minimalist Toner PHA 3% + Biotic Toner is a great option for acne-prone skin. It is a hydrating toner instantly soothes the skin. With the regular usage, I did notice a glow, reduction in formation of clogged pores and oil heads, and a balanced skin’s pH level. It suits my sensitive skin and worked great along with actives.
- Hydrating Properties
- Soothes Skin
- Brings on glow
- Maintains skin’s pH level
- Reduces formation of clogged pores and oil-heads
- No Breakouts
- Great for sensitive and acne-prone skin
- Didn’t notice much results on pore tightening/shrinking
So this was it for today. I hope you have found Minimalist Toner PHA 3% + Biotic Review Helpful. Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
Have a Good Day!
The Pink Velvet Blog is now on Telegram. Click Here to Join and get the latest blog post updates and sale alerts directly to your Telegram Inbox.
Join me on My Instagram for more - @niharikaverma95