Sale Alert for my readers-
- HUDA Beauty - Up to 50% off + FREE Lipstick at Nykaa
- Take the MyGlamm survey and get FREE MyGlamm Lipstick + ₹500 Gift Card + 275 MyGlamm Points
- Nykaa LUXE Flash Sale - Up to 50% off + Gifts
- FACES Canada - Flat 30% off + Lip Crayon at Nykaa
For many, welcoming a new year involves setting new fitness goals. Yet, most people fail to continue working on their goals past the first few months. This is especially true for people out losing weight or improving the body.
Wanting to avoid this cycle of inconsistency, some people have stopped making those new year resolutions, believing that it won’t work for them. If you’re one of these people who have given up on fitness goals, maybe you just need to try something different. A new workout routine that you can do every day or a new sport to challenge yourself could be the missing element in your intention to make lifestyle changes.
It’s never too late to work on yourself. Here are some new workouts you can try this year to achieve greater health and fitness.
New Workouts To Achieve Your Fitness Goals
1. HIIT Exercises For The Time Conscious
If you want to get results fast but don’t have enough time for exercise, why not try high-intensity interval training (HIIT) to achieve your Fitness Goals?
HIIT exercises are popular among those with the goal of improving heart health, losing fat quickly, or toning up their muscles. Like any workout routine, the results you’ll see while performing HIIT will depend on your dedication. To help you stick to your workout routine, you can join an online fitness class. You can visit 4legsfitness.com to join a community of fitness enthusiasts and be inspired.
As its name suggests, HIIT exercises are short but intense. This includes activities like resistance or weight training, sprints, and planks where you don’t need equipment. When you do HIIT exercise, you can perform a consecutive series of exercises with some intervals for rest. There can be a varied set of workouts depending on what you want to achieve. HIIT exercises can help tone your core or arms, strengthen leg muscles, or just burn away fat with custom routines.
When you do a HIIT exercises, your goal is to reach at least 70% of your maximal heart rate. The exercises alternate between work and rest to increase and maintain this state. For instance, do a jog in place then escalate slowly to lunges. Afterward, have a 10-second rest before doing the cycle again. The general work-to-rest ratio is as follows:
- Beginner (1:2): This means for every one high-intensity exercise, you follow it with two low-intensity exercises to prepare your body for another high-intensity exercise.
- Intermediate to advanced (2:1): If you’ve been doing HIIT for quite some time, you can focus more on high-intensity exercise, then your rest intervals could be 50% of this time.
HIIT exercises allow you to customize your routine until you can build up your strength and advance to another level. As the days go by, you will know what exercises are right for you and what exercises you can improve on. Don’t stop when you can see an improvement in your body. Instead, make this a part of your daily habit.
Also, Read: 6 Tips For Boosting Fitness Motivation
2. A New Sport
If you want something more challenging and can be done outdoors, do sports. You can try these beginner sports if you’re looking for something safe but will give you the best results for the body:
- Squash: Squash is known globally as one of the healthiest sports. There are many benefits to trying this squash. Aside from burning a lot of calories, this also improves flexibility, strength, and power. It also helps your hand-eye coordination.
- Wrestling: If you want to try a sport that also develops your self-defense skills, try wrestling. It may seem like men dominate this sport, but wrestling for women is gaining popularity. Wrestling provides an ideal balance between developing practical skills and improving your overall health. This sport helps improve mobility, coordination, and overall body weight loss.
- Rowing: This sport is usually for the outdoors, but you can also try this in some gyms that have indoor rowing machines. There are a lot of health benefits associated with rowing. The sport will help you lose weight and improve your overall muscle strength. It might seem that you’re only using the upper portion of the body, but this sport uses a wide range of muscles. This is a good sport for beginners as this has a lower injury risk.
3. Strength Workouts
This type of workout is one of the popular workouts for those who want to build muscle mass. Many of those who go to the gym want to get ‘ripped’ bodies like the ones you can see on the television or in magazines. The muscle that has been ‘ripped’ by strength training grows larger and stronger as it repairs itself.
You can try strength training even if you don’t have gym equipment like dumbbells or barbells. There are workout routines that don’t involve any equipment, such as doing bodyweight training. It’s as simple as trying to lift your body. You can even use resistance bands while doing some push-ups. As long as you practice caution, strength exercises are some of the easiest workouts to do on your own, without the need for trainers or teammates.
Here are some examples of strength training workouts:
- Bodyweight training
- Modified Push-ups
- Resistance workouts
- Squats with resistance bands
- Bicep exercises
- Triceps dips
4. Endurance Workouts
Endurance workouts are stamina-developing activities to help improve heart and lung functions. A benefit of doing this type of workout is that it increases your body’s metabolic rate, helping break down calories even after doing physical activities. This type of workout is also one of the exercises that improve mental functions.
Simple endurance workouts include long-distance running like marathons, swimming, and biking. To get the benefits of endurance training, you should do at least 75 minutes of this exercise per week.
There are a lot of physical activities that you can try to achieve the body or weight goal you want. You can choose something that works with your available free time or budget. With the resources available today, you can even exercise effectively at home. There are guides to help you with whichever workout you decide to try.
If you want to be more active outdoors, you can also try sports to achieve your fitness goals. No matter what type of physical activity you choose, you must remember that you can only get results if you include this in your daily habits. No change is easily achieved overnight.
So this was it for today, I hope you have enjoyed reading New Workouts To Achieve Your 2021 Fitness Goals Helpful. Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
Have a Good Day!
The Pink Velvet Blog is now on Telegram. Click Here to Join and get the latest blog post updates and sale alerts directly to your Telegram Inbox.
Join me on My Instagram for more - @niharikaverma95