Sale Alert for my readers-
- Nykaa Cosmetics - Up to 40% off at Nykaa
- New from Lakme - Eyeconic Volume Mascara at Nykaa
- Simple Skincare Serums - Up to 35% off at Nykaa
November FabBag is now unboxed. Watch now!
Mamaearth Charcoal Face Wash is lying on my shelf from such a long time. I personally find Mamaearth Skincare Products okay-ish neither great nor bad. That is the reason the Charcoal Face Wash didn’t really grabbed my attention at first.
When I got to know that a lot of online readers are interested to know about Mamaearth Skincare Products Reviews, I decided to share my experience with each of the Mamaearth Product, one by one on my blog.
From all the products I ever tried from this brand, some were good, some were average, while some gave me breakouts. Most of the time, I wasn’t really able to see what exactly the product is doing to my skin or is even doing something?
With Mamaearth in Skincare Products, I am always in doubt whether this going to work or give me breakouts. It is all about vibes I guess.
But that is just how I feel. It is always possible that something which didn’t work for me might have worked for you.
Let us move further on how the Mamaearth Charcoal Face Wash worked on my sensitive and acne-prone skin.
Mamaearth Charcoal Face Wash with Activated Charcoal and Coffee
Price: Rs.249/- for 100ml
Find more of my product reviews and recommendations at my Amazon Storefront.
- Detoxifies Skin
- Deep Cleansing
- Unclogs Pores
- Activated Charcoal – It removes excess oil and toxins hidden in the pores of your skin and due to its slightly gritty texture, provides the gentle exfoliation that is needed for your skin.
- Coffee Extracts – Coffee exfoliates dead skin & helps in getting rid of the external layer caused by tanned skin. It is also known to reduce inflammation and breakouts caused by clogged pores.
- Aloe Vera Extract – A natural anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory, aloe vera help in reducing acne & speed up the healing of scars and blemished skin.
Purified Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Sodium PCA, Coffee Extract, Allantoin, Aloe Vera Extract, Niacinamide, Activated Charcoal Powder, Cedarwood Oil, D Panthenol, Light Kaolin and Tea Tree Oil.
How to Use
- Apply a small amount on the wet face.
- Massage with your fingertips in a circular motion.
- Concentrate on forehead, nose, and chin.
- Rinse off with water and pat dry. Avoid direct eye contact.
Review – Mamaearth Charcoal Face Wash
My Skin Type: Combination to Oily in Summers, Dry in Winters, Sensitive, and Acne-Prone Skin
Packaging: It comes in an opaque squeezable tube with a flip-flop cap and a nozzle to squeeze out the product. All the details such as expiry date, ingredients, and other information can be found easily on the labels.
The product is not at all travel-friendly as once I opened it and started using it daily, the face wash was all over the cap leaking, formed into sticky jelly.
Fragrance: It has Mixed Tea-Tree oil fragrance. It felt like I am smelling a mix of some oils.
I start by taking the required amount onto my palm. The texture and consistency is somewhat like a runny gel with a hint of charcoal particles in it.
It formed a good amount of lather and I liked it. It is a bit unsatisfying for my mind when a face wash doesn’t lather well. haha!
After giving a good massage to my skin in gentle circular motions, I washed it off leaving my skin clean and soft. There was neither stripping dryness, nor a soapy layer left behind.
Mamaearth Charcoal Face Wash actually did nice in terms of washing away the excess oil and dirt. I could feel my skin clean and bright. Because it isn’t too drying, I think dry skin people can consider using it too as I didn’t found it over-drying.
But, it gave me pimples. My skin started breaking out and there were red painful pimples.
Another negative thing I noticed was, whatever the leftover amount is on the cap, it forms into a sticky slime after some time and it looks so weird.
Also, Read: Aveeno Skin Relief Lotion Review
Mamaearth Charcoal Face Wash with Activated Charcoal and Coffee didn’t work for my sensitive skin. It lathers well and does a nice job of cleansing away excess oil and dirt without leaving the skin dry or stretchy. Neither it leaves a soapy slippery behind. But it gave me breakouts. Really painful pimples. Another downside is the leftover amount around the cap forms into a sticky slime which looks weird.
- Cleanses well
- Leaves skin clean and bright
- Removes Excess oil and dirt
- Leaves no dryness or slippery layer
- Gave me breakouts
- The leftover product on the cap forms into sticky slime
- Not travel-friendly
So this was it for today. I hope you have enjoyed reading Mamaearth Charcoal Face Wash Review Helpful. Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
Have a Good Day!
The Pink Velvet Blog is now on Telegram. Click Here to Join and get the latest blog post updates and sale alerts directly to your Telegram Inbox.