Can’t afford a personal trainer? Well, it turns out, you really don’t need one in order to get fit! While some professional help is never a bad thing, there are so many things you can do on your own as long as you know how to achieve it. So, if you’re a DIY fitness freak, here are some of the best tips that will help you get fit on your own.
DIY Fitness: How to Get Fit Without a Personal Trainer
Disclaimer- This post contains affiliate links. This means I may receive a small commission if you buy from the link at no extra cost to you which will help me to grow my blog and serve you better.
1. Set Your Goals
During your first session with a trainer, you will analyze your fitness and find out what your goals are. This is easier and one of the most important steps towards getting fit. And, you clearly don’t need a pro for that. Grab a pen and paper, write down your short-term and long-term goals and always keep them somewhere visible. Make sure your goals are realistic and not too vague. “I want to lose fat” or “I want to gain muscle” are not good examples. Instead, try losing x number of pounds or inches or running 5k in under 30 minutes.
Also Read: How to Stay Fit: 8 Fitness Secrets Every Woman Should Know
2. Conquer the Art of Meal Prep
One of the first things your personal trainer will recommend is meal prepping. This can ensure you eat well every day, even if you’re too busy to cook. Also, when you find a good system, meal prepping really isn’t that hard.
Apps like noom can easily help you lose weight and get fit without going into strict diets. Their meal suggestions, meal logging, and daily articles based on true human psychological behavior can help you achieve your goals easily.
Also Read: Having it All – Health and Fitness over the Busy Schedule of a Modern Woman
3. Say “no” to Crash Dieting
Crash diets don’t work, especially in the long run, and they can be very harmful to your health. You probably know this already, but every trainer will tell you that. Instead, opt for a more sustainable way to lower your calorie intake and follow the 80/20 rule—eat well 80% of the time and make the remaining 20% more relaxed, throwing in a cheat meal or two. If you feel like you need some extra energy for those hard workouts, you can try adding yohimbine to your diet as a supplement. This Yohimbe tree extract will stimulate your nervous system and boost weight loss and your performance in the gym.
4. Learn Some Bodyweight Exercises
Bodyweight exercises like squats, push-ups, planks, and burpees are super effective when it comes to boosting your weight loss, but they also require zero complicated equipment. This means you can do them anywhere with a very low chance of hurting yourself without professional help.
Also Read: 6 Ways Working Out Affects Your Skin
5. Switch to HIIT
If you choose longer gym sessions, you will need a trainer to keep you motivated and push you to your limits. So, it’s better to switch to high-intensity interval training if you decide to take a weight loss journey by yourself. HIIT sessions are short and intense enough to keep you on the right track even when there’s no one to push you.
6. Get Technology on Your Side
Sure, your personal trainer will give you plenty of ideas on how to work out well, but don’t hesitate to use the Internet to help you instead. There are thousands of videos made by experienced trainers and athletes that can get you started. If you’re a total beginner, these will help you get a basic idea of how to form your workouts, adapt exercises to your level and perform proper warm-up and cool-down. Basically, you can find anything from short 10-minute cardio workouts to fat-blasting 90-minute full-body workouts, just make sure that they are made by experienced people.
7. Track your Progress
Your private trainer will ensure you have all your stats with you, but you can do that yourself as well with a good fitness tracker. There are super-helpful Apple Watches that measure your heartbeat, burned calories and other stats. However, you don’t have to spend hundreds on the newest Apple product.
8. Foam Roll for the Win
No good trainer will end your workout without a nice cool-off session with a foam roller. This activity can minimize soreness and keep you free from injuries. And, you can easily foam roll on your own: roll your muscles after every workout and you will feel pain-free and ready to continue your progress.
While having a private trainer is definitely useful, you really don’t need one if you’re determined to get in shape. Keep these tips in mind and you will successfully get fit and healthy even if you’re on a tight budget.
So this was it for today. I hope you have enjoyed reading this.
Have a Good Day! 😇