Did you schedule the big spring house cleaning? Well, we’ve got news for you. Your house isn’t the only thing in desperate need of post-winter recovery and cleansing. Winter weather was not kind to your skin and hair, and all the holiday food can’t be good for your stomach. Combine that with seasonal stress and indoor and outdoor air pollution, and you’ve got yourself a reason for a Spring Detox. It is important to realize that detox includes much more than just changing your diet for a week or two. In this article, we’ll discuss all the Elements of a Spring Cleaning that you should practice.
Spring Detox for Body and Mind
You can follow a strict detox diet plan where you are told exactly what to eat and when, but you need to be aware that the most important thing about detox is getting rid of everything that is bad for you. This means avoiding processed food, saturated fats, artificial sugars, alcohol, and of course, not smoking.
- Eat juices and smoothies with nutrient-packed ingredients like kale, avocado, cucumber, apples, and spinach.
- Drink herbal tea instead of coffee.
- Eat legumes and whole wheat instead of meat.
- Start your day with a glass of lukewarm water with lemon.
- Drink water with apple cider vinegar.
- Eat raw food as much as possible.
- Consume a lot of colorful fruits and vegetables.
- Aim to chew food thoroughly (ten to twelve times) before swallowing.
- Don’t overeat.
Combat Air Pollution
Air pollution can have a devastating impact on your skin, hair, and overall health. Some of the more direct and transitory consequences are breathing difficulties and respiratory irritation, while other health issues that come from long-term exposure include loss of lung capacity, accelerated lung aging, development of asthma, bronchitis, cancer and a shortened lifespan.
Detox Your Skincare
Speaking of air pollution, have you heard that there is a brand new beauty industry trend of anti-pollution products that shield your skin from the negative effects of airborne toxins? This is just one of the ways to detox your skincare. With the arrival of spring, it is wise to go through all of your cosmetics and makeup products and read their labels. Do they contain any parabens, fragrances, or other chemicals? In that case, throw them away. Switch to Organic Natural Cosmetic Products which are much safer for your skin. Also, you can try preparing Home-Made masks from ingredients you have in your kitchen, such as avocado, cacao, honey, etc.
Get Rid of Dead Skin Cells
Detoxify Your Mind
Finally, you have one more significant aspect to deal with – your mind. Stress can affect not only your mood but also your skin appearance and your health. By learning how to cope with it more successfully, you are setting the foundations for a much happier life.
- Start by meditating and taking deep breathing exercises. If you find it hard to focus, you can download a meditation app.
- Turn off your phone during breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and have meaningful conversations with your partner, family member, colleague or friend.
- Have a relaxing bath with aromatic bath salts and essential oils.
- Try practicing yoga.
- Take long walks and try to clear your mind of distractions.
- Treat yourself to a massage or a spa day.
Detox doesn’t have to be an urgent and temporary measure. Some of the habits you pick up from detox can become a part of your lifestyle and bring constant benefits for your health and look.
Have a Good Day! 😇
DISCLAIMER: Guest Post. Content and Images by Guest Author